Remember to use the points acquisition commands under the right mouse button menu in conjunction with the drafting tools.
These commands are the keystone of M3d's operation and are re-iterated below:-
1) Between - gets a point midway between two other selected points and returns it into the current command point stack.
2) Translated From - returns a point translated from a selected point. Pick a point then type in or pick a translation vector. The new point is the selected point plus the translation vector. This is returned to the command point stack.
3) Polar Translated From - returns a point polar translated from an existing point. Pick a point then type in a translation vector in polar coordinates. The new point is the selected point plus the polar translation i.e. 2,45,0 will give a new point a distance of 2 away from the existing point at 45 degrees.
4) Intersection - returns the point at the intersection of two curves.
5) Project - returns a point that is the projection of an existing point onto a curve or surface. This is important for creating lines normal to curves.
6) Projected to Workplane - return a point which is projection of a point onto the workplane.
These commands can also be chained together so you could get a point:-
Between 2 Intersection
or a point
Translated from the point Between 2 Intersection
and so on.
Note Ortho may have to be turned off to get the desired results from these command.