This page documents the new features and work in progress for the M3d Finite Element Modeller
- 2.52 13/06/11 Pressure loads added for tri and quad Finite Elements. Work in progress to add local coordinate system for defining loads and restraints.
- 2.53 15/06/11 Local displacement coordinate systems added. Work in progress to add thermal strains
- 2.54 16/06/11 Results can now be output in text file format (comma delimited).
- 2.55 08/07/11 Node/Element modify labels added and some minor improvements to the IGES import.
- 2.56 23/12/11 Graphic enhancements for white background
- 2.57 04/03/13 IGES improvements
- 2.58 14/01/14 Groups import from text file and Nastran export revised
- 2.59 06/06/14 Ideas universal file import fixed (nodes & elements). Tri-element bending formulation bug fixed. New material direction display.
- 3.0018/10/14 Major new release.
- 3.30 28/09/16 Moving forward!
- 3.31 21/10/16 Changed and many improvements to drafting with more to come
- 4.00 Beta releases - changes not specified.
- 4.10 25/09/19 Animation added, General beam element added. Nodal results list added.
- 4.20 02/10/19 Bug fix for 4.1 release - Problems with the op2 reader and Tet mesher in 4.1 fixed (apologies).
- 4.30 19/10/19 New FE entity editor, material editor and property edit from a data table dialog added.
- 4.30 03/11/19 Bug fix to shell element formulation.
- 4.31 06/11/19 Results vectors added to post-processing. Note this is the first pass at adding them so treat with caution.
- 4.32 10/11/2019 New post-processing Icons added to toolbar
- 4.33 09/12/2019 New 2d surface meshing added - currently limited to M3d 2d surface by boundaries. also "Show" and "Hide" objects added.
- 4.34 12/12/2019 Improvements to IGES import.
- 5.00 06/01/2020 First 64 Bit Version released.
Known issues which we are seeking to resolve:
- J factor incorrect for hollow rectangular beam
- Sweep angle not exact for surface revolves - NURBS issue
- Node positions on circles when using nodes on curve not exactly correct - NURBS issue
- The display doesn't work correctly with Windows 7 aero themes.
- Highlight issue with graphics card threading, needs to be turned off on the card.
- Still some issues with the tri-element bending formulation (integration) WIP.