In the next release you can load a background image (Bitmap 24bits) and use it to trace out geometry.
Use it to create geometry and DXF files for fun stuff!
To make circles easier to trim the circle start marker has been added. this gives the point on the circle that will be trimmed back. This can be toggled on and off with menu item:- "View->Toggle On/Off Circle Start Markers."
The dxf entity layer number for curves and points can now be set using menu item:-
Tools->Curve Modify-> Layer Number
you can also select points and curves in m3d by layer no here:-
Selection->Curves/Points by Layer iD
Basic DXF file export has been added for 2d Lines, Circles and ARCs.
DXF file generated in M3d shown in AutoCAD below:-
Remember to use the points acquisition commands under the right mouse button menu in conjunction with the drafting tools.
These commands are the keystone of M3d's operation and are re-iterated below:-
1) Between - gets a point midway between two other selected points and returns it into the current command point stack.
2) Translated From - returns a point translated from a selected point. Pick a point then type in or pick a translation vector. The new point is the selected point plus the translation vector. This is returned to the command point stack.
3) Polar Translated From - returns a point polar translated from an existing point. Pick a point then type in a translation vector in polar coordinates. The new point is the selected point plus the polar translation i.e. 2,45,0 will give a new point a distance of 2 away from the existing point at 45 degrees.
4) Intersection - returns the point at the intersection of two curves.
5) Project - returns a point that is the projection of an existing point onto a curve or surface. This is important for creating lines normal to curves.
6) Projected to Workplane - return a point which is projection of a point onto the workplane.
These commands can also be chained together so you could get a point:-
Between 2 Intersection
or a point
Translated from the point Between 2 Intersection
and so on.
Note Ortho may have to be turned off to get the desired results from these command.
The new 2d drafting tools available in the v6.7Beta release on website.
1) Toggle ortho snap - tracks and snaps lines to 0,30,45,60 and 90 degrees.
2) Line from point and tangent to circle.
3) Line tangent to two circles.
4) Split curve at point.
5) Trim curves to other curves
6) Fillet lines.
7) Make corner between lines (not shown)
Now working to add basic dimensioning and dxf file export.